Hidden in the forest of Rothiemurchus, this beautiful place is one of the most loved in the UK.
“If you like trees – seriously like trees – then Rothiemurchus camp and caravan park is the type of spot you might go to and never want to come back from. It’s one of the best places in Scotland to enjoy swathes of indigenous Caledonian woodland, with a flurry of Scots pine, birch and juniper forest and wood shrouded lochs. There is really a sense of being somewhere genuinely unspoilt and pristine here.”
Cool Camping Scotland, Robin & Jenny McKelvie
CAMP AND CARAVAN
COVID UPDATE – 1.2.22
– Subject to Government guidance, we will be opening our toilet and shower facilities to all our customers including Motorhomes, Caravans and Campervans with built-in facilities from this date.
– For all existing bookings the price will revert to the higher rate on your booking confirmation. For new bookings please see the price list.
We reserve the right to review and change the decision to open facilities to all, should ongoing risk assessment deem it necessary.
At the heart of Rothiemurchus is a superb camp and caravan park with fantastic facilities. Located a 20 minute stroll from Rothiemurchus Centre, it’s the perfect place for a holiday with your touring caravan, motor home or tent.
Set amongst towering Caledonian pine trees, this tranquil park offers sheltered camping in a unique wilderness setting as well as 17 sheltered level pitches for touring caravans and motor homes, all with electric hook-up. Due to the special nature of our ancient woodland site bookings cannot be made through the website, instead please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01479812800. This is because the trees grow naturally so every pitch is different, the dimensions and number of people must be taken into account to ensure you are given a spot that is right for you.
Come and enjoy a wild camping experience but with the added bonus of modern facilities. There is a superb heated amenity building with toilets, showers and a dishwashing area, plus a separate launderette. Try the cycling and walking trails that start from your door in this area of outstanding natural beauty close to Loch an Eilein and the Cairngorms. Or you may prefer to just simply relax and get away from it all and enjoy watching the exceptional wildlife from the comfort of your pitch.
Sorry, there is no holiday accommodation to rent on the Park.
We offer a warm welcome to all visitors – a maximum of two dogs are allowed in motorvans and caravans, but not in the camping area.
Our three midge eaters will help you to stay as bite-free as possible during your visit.
Contact us for more information, we’ll be delighted to help.
Rothiemurchus Camp & Caravan Park
T: 01479 812800
|DATE||ADULT PER NIGHT||CHILDREN (5-15YRS) PER NIGHT||INFANTS (Under 5)|
|06 January - 31 March 2022||£12||£4||£0|
|01 April - 31 October 2022||£15||£4||£0|
|01 December 2022 - 5 January 2023||£12||£4||£0|
– Infants (under 5) – free
– Cars – 1 car per tent free. Extra cars £5 per car, per day
– Please note – no dogs are allowed in any of the camping areas
– All departures must be by 12 noon – reception closes at 10am until 1pm
– NO CAMPFIRES OR WOODBURNING STOVES ARE ALLOWED DUE TO OUR FOREST LOCATION, BARBECUES MUST BE CHARCOAL ONLY, BE INSULATED FROM THE GROUND, AND EXTINGUISHED IMMEDIATELY AFTER COOKING.
– Children must be supervised at all times. The Park is set in a pine forest with fast flowing rivers adjacent to the site
– Cycling is permitted only on roadways, observing one way systems and speed must not exceed 5MPH
– It is a condition of entry to the park that all persons comply with the park rules and regulations
|DATE||PITCH PER NIGHT + ELECTRIC||ADULTS (16+) PER NIGHT||CHILDREN (5-15) PER NIGHT|
|06 January - 10 February 2022||£26 (inc. 2 adults)||£5||£4|
|11 February - 26 February 2022||£32 (inc. 2 adults)||£5||£4|
|27 February - 31 March 2022||£26 (inc. 2 adults)||£5||£4|
|01 April - 24 June 2022||£32.00 (inc. 2 adults)||£5||£4|
|25 June - 02 September 2022||£36 (inc. 2 adults)||£5||£4|
|03 September - 31 October 2022||£32 (inc. 2 adults)||£5||£4|
|01 December - 16 December 2022||£26 (inc. 2 adults)||£5||£4|
|17 December 2022 - 05 January 2023||£36||£5||£4|
- – From 1st October – Toilet and Shower Facilities will be OPEN to all customers from 1st October 2021. Extra adults, children, dogs to be charged as shown
- – Infants: (under 5) Free. Children must be supervised at all times, the park is set in a pine forest with a fast-flowing river adjacent to the site.
- – Cars: Maximum 1 vehicle per pitch, motorhomes may have one car. All additional vehicles £5.
- – Dogs: Max 2 per unit and are charged at £2 per dog per night. Must be kept on a lead at all times and not left unsupervised or on their own. Must be exercised off the park and away from the lodge, touring and camping areas. No dogs are allowed in the camping areas. Some dogs, especially certain breeds, may be excluded.
- – All prices for caravans, campervans and motorhomes include 16 amp electricity
- – Awnings must not be used as sleeping accommodation.
- – It is a condition of entry to the park that all persons comply with park rules and regulations.
NO DOGS We offer a warm welcome to all visitors – a maximum of two dogs are allowed in motorvans and caravans but sorry, no dogs are allowed in the camping area.
NO CAMP FIRES on the park due to our forest location, but barbecues can be used provided they are insulated from the ground and extinguished immediately after cooking…
Must be by 12 noon – please check with reception if you wish to stay later.
Reception closes at 12 noon until 1pm.